Home Remedies for Defective Vision
Defective vision is the inability to see clearly. Defective vision may be of two types – myopia or short-sightedness. It refers to a condition when a person is unable to see far-off objects clearly. The other is hyperopia or long sightedness which is a situation when a person cannot focus and thus cannot see closer things properly. The blurred vision is also at times accompanied by itching and heaviness in the eyes. Also the patient may suffer from a mild headache. There are several causes for defective vision in a person. While some are due to external factors, the others may be internal. Though the problem may not be cured completely, using home remedies one can lighten the effect. Learn how to cure defective vision using home remedies.
- Mental strain
- Improper blood and nerve supply
- Reading in dim / glaring light
- Reading in moving trains, buses or cars
- Excessive reading
- Inappropriate eating habits
- Excessive watching of TV and films
- Continuous working on computer
- Blurred vision
- Itching in eyes
- Watering of eyes
- Heaviness in the eyes
- Mild headache
- The best remedy for treating defective vision is to increase the consumption of foods rich in Vitamin A. they are the best source for improving vision. Some of the food items include raw spinach, turnip tops, milk cream, cheese, butter, tomatoes, lettuce, cabbage, soya beans, green peas, fresh milk, oranges, and dates.
- Intake a lot of carrot juice as it has been found very effective in curing defective vision.
- Dissolve 30 grams of Triphala in ½ liter of water. There are two ways of using this water – one can either drink it or wash his/her eyes with it. it is an effective home remedy for defective vision.
- In a glass of milk, mix ½ teaspoon each of licorice root power and honey. Add ¼ part of ghee. Drink this milk as it would be beneficial in curing defective vision.
- In 200 ml of carrot juice, add150 ml of celery juice, 75 ml of endives juice, and 75 ml of parsley juice to make ½ liter of this juices. In this mixture, combine ½ liter of chicory juice as well. Intake of this juice everyday helps in improving vision.
- Sun gazing is also very effective in treating defective vision. Sit on the bench of the garden. Face the sun while closing your eyes. For ten minutes, shake your head several times. After this is done, open your eyes and blink about ten times while looking at the sun. it is also advisable to look at some landscapes. This would provide cooling effect to the eyes.
- One more method can be to splash cold water on the closed eye lids. Once enough water has been splashed, dab your eye with a clean towel.
The content on this site is informative and educative in nature with the aim of providing natural home remedies to people for restoration of health and prevention of imbalances. The educational and informative content provided on this website is not intended to take the place of the personalized advice/opinion provided by a professional health care personnel. For any medical concern, please consult your doctor/medical expert before making any changes to your diet or lifestyle. The reader assumes full responsibility for using the information on this site. This site is neither responsible nor liable for any claim, loss or damage resulting from the use of home remedies provided on this site.