Home Remedies for Appendicitis
In the human body, the appendix is situated on the lower side of the abdomen. It has a cylindrical shape and forms a part of the larger intestine. Appendicitis is a condition when the appendix gets swollen or inflamed, mainly because of primary obstruction of the appendix lumen. The risk of having appendicitis is more between the ages of 10 and 30. Its main symptom is a shooting, almost unbearable, pain on the lower right side of the stomach. The only way to cure appendicitis, if it is in the late stages, is to remove the appendix with surgery. However, if detected on time, it can be cured naturally, using home remedies. In the following lines, we provide natural treatments for appendicitis.
Causes Of Appendicitis
Appendicitis results from the blockage that occurs on the inside of the appendix, known as appendiceal lumen. The bacterial or viral infections in the digestive tract lead to swelling of lymph nodes, which squeezes the appendix and causes obstruction. This blockage leads to increased pressure, impaired blood flow and inflammation of the appendix. In rare cases, traumatic injury to the abdomen and genetic factors also cause appendicitis. The obstruction, if not treated properly, and on time, would lead to a rupture in the appendix, creating major complications.
- Pain in the abdomen, first around the belly button and then in the lower right area
- Loss of appetite
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Inability to pass gas
- Low fever, which begins after other symptoms
- Abdominal swelling
- Uncomforting feeling in the abdomen
- Pain in the center of abdomen
- Feeling that a bowel movement will relieve the discomfort
- The best home remedy for appendicitis would be a mix of 100 ml cucumber juice, 100 ml beet juice and 300 ml carrot juice. Intake this juice regularly, two times a day.
- Buttermilk helps in curing chronic appendicitis. A liter of buttermilk should be consumed, on an everyday basis, for about a fortnight.
- In a liter of cold water, add 1 tsp fenugreek seeds and let it boil. Now, strain the water and have it while it’s still warm, but not too hot. This would prove effective to cure appendicitis naturally.
- Appendicitis can also be cured by having green grams. 1 tsp of sprouted green grams, twice or thrice a day; will prove to be worthwhile in treating appendicitis.
- Include coriander juice, radish juice and spinach juice in your regular diet. They will help treat appendices problem.
- For people who suffer from fever, along with appendicitis, decoction of the basil leaves will prove beneficial. Steep the leaves in boiling water and let them stand for 5 minutes. Strain it and your decoction is ready.
- Ginger helps in those appendicitis cases where the patient also has the tendency to vomit. Add a pinch of rock salt to 1 tsp of ginger juice and drink it. Alternatively, you can store raw cut pieces of ginger, with some rock salt, in a bottle and have it with your meals.
- Ginger and turmeric act as a good combination for treating appendicitis. They can be taken in a raw or powdered form. It reduces the pain and swollenness resulting from appendicitis.
The content on this site is informative and educative in nature with the aim of providing natural home remedies to people for restoration of health and prevention of imbalances. The educational and informative content provided on this website is not intended to take the place of the personalized advice/opinion provided by a professional health care personnel. For any medical concern, please consult your doctor/medical expert before making any changes to your diet or lifestyle. The reader assumes full responsibility for using the information on this site. This site is neither responsible nor liable for any claim, loss or damage resulting from the use of home remedies provided on this site.